Alpha 6 is a Custom-Built, Very Limited Edition 6 Meter Amplifier conservatively rated at 1500++ Watts Output Continuous 100% Duty Cycle on 50-54 MHz tunable up to 2 KW (LED Wattmeter Scale up to 2500 Watts), made by Alpha Power as a Custom Order and Very Limited Edition using a Single, Robust 4CX1600B (Svetlana GU-91B) which is very affordable and readily available. Only 10-20 Watts drive delivers 1 KW Output and that is 100% Continuous Duty Cycle (unlike solid-state amplifiers).
Alpha 6 Features:
• Single 4CX1600B Ceramic-Metal Tetrode providing a maximum plate dissipation of over 1.6 KW
• Supports the Entire 6 meter Amateur Radio Band 50 MHz – 54 MHz
• Comfortably delivers Full Legal Limit on the 6 meter band in All modes
• Hypersil 3.5 KVA transformer
• Grid & Screen Current Limiting Protection
• Protection Circuit for Excessive SWR, Average Plate Current, RF Arc, Mistuning, HV Fault, HV Crowbar, Power Interlock, etc.
• Supports 90-130 Volts AC, 190-250 Volts AC, now wired for 220 Volts AC
• No Duty Cycle Limitation – 100% Carrier, Key Down with included optional Cooling Fan
• Rugged Construction – Built like a Tank
• Alpha Collector’s Item and Serial Number 2
This Alpha 6 is in Mint Condition with the Optional Auxiliary Cooling Fan, Original Alpha 6 Owners Manual and both Alpha Cartons for Amplifier and Transformer (shipped separately) and has just been sitting on the shelf rarely used and as Collector’s Item as Serial Number 2. Alpha now charges over $4600 for their Alpha 8406 which is of the same design, this Alpha 6 is a Collector’s Item and Serial Number 2 and Mint at $3250 plus shipping and insurance or Cash & Carry.